Saturday, January 10, 2015

Here We Go!

Okay, I just want to say I tried making this post from the official Blogger app on my phone, and well I won't mince words.  That app is a complete and utter waste of time.  Its unintuitive to say the very least, and the entire lack of even the most basic features makes it unusable.  I mean, really, even when you finally figure out how to get a picture attached, it centers everything and you have no way to return your text to a left justification, what the hell?

So yeah, everybody can just wait until I get time on a real computer to do this, because the app is so far beyond useless it isn't even funny.  Freaking first year computer science students could have built a better app than that piece of crap...

ANYWAY!


Got the cloner painted, figured I'd make it some nice gardeny colors, so brown bottom and green top with brown plugs.  I think it kinda feels like a Minecraft block, personally.


The Reaper seeds are still stubbornly doing nothing, but they are still alive (or at least they aren't rotting), so giving them more time.  Its hard to sprout nuclears, and I'm guessing the less than optimal soil temperature (even with the seed heating mat underneath) is slowing them down.  So to help out a bit, I've put a small space heater inside the bottom of the cabinet and set it to 80 degrees.  Hopefully it'll stay on enough to blow warm air up into the cabinet to keep it quite a bit warmer than it has been.  Good news though is that those NuMex Halloween peppers I started last week have sprouted.


Now, as ornamentals, the Halloweens won't get anywhere near as big as the Reaper will, but I want to stick to my "Roots over Rock Skull" theme for the blog, so I picked up some of these.

They're little aquarium decorations I found at Walmart for a buck or two each.  I'll try to do essentially the same thing with them that I'm planning for the life sized Reaper piece.  If they work out, maybe I'll sell a couple of them.  Anyway, I started four of the Halloweens, and as you can see in the picture above I've got four sprouts, so I got four of these little skulls.


The peter pepper cutting I've got in the AeroGrow appears to be having a hard time.  All of the smaller leaves have fallen off, and honestly I don't think its going to make it, but I'll leave it in there for now, maybe it'll surprise me.

So until the Reapers sprout (if they sprout, when they sprout, the damned things better sprout!), I guess I'll be entertaining everyone with the progress of the Laughing Buddha and Halloween Skull side projects.  Both of which are good practice for the Reaper, let me get some experience with various techniques so that when I do move on to the real thing I know what works and what doesn't.  Don't wanna be doing trial and error on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment