Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pulldowns and Moss

Went out for some early morning watering and took a look at the root I had repositioned between the teeth, it hadn't taken after all this time, so I removed it.  Kind of sad to lose the one that was curling into the nasal cavity, but if it wasn't taking after all this time it wasn't going to, and it would have eventually just withered away.  Plus, that was the main thing holding me back from doing a pulldown.


You can't see in this picture, and can really only feel when you're touching it, but the top of the teeth on the lower jaw are now above the soil line.  We're getting into the home stretch here people!


That root ball on the side still has me confused.  It seems to have formed over the outside of the mandible joint, but I still can't really tell what its doing.


And if you were sharp eyed in that first picture, you probably spotted the green.  Since I had to lose the nose root, I decided to try giving it some carpet moss starts in the recesses.  Some in the nose, the backs of the eye sockets, and partially visible back up in the first image, around the base of the trunk.

I don't know if any of these plugs will take, but hopefully they're in sheltered enough areas that they will retain some moisture and be able to grow.  This is a different kind of moss than I'm growing as a soil cover.  That moss is more fern like and leafy, this stuff just forms a thick dark green carpet.

Since this moss is really slow growing, it should lend a great air of age to everything if it takes hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment