Sunday, August 2, 2015

Skull Mountain 2: Halloween Boogaloo

While digging around, I found an old favorite of mine.


I did my very first root over rocks bonchi on this aquarium decoration years ago, and it looks like its faded a bit.  Oh what the hell, I've got some spare Halloween peppers, lets use 'em.  Time to start another project, Skull Mountain 2!


Into the pot it goes, and make sure to fill the inside with soil in case some adventurous roots decided to go inside.  Lots of fun carefully trying to cram dirt into eye sockets with your pinky, let me tell you.


This thing ended up having both too much root and not enough root at the same time.  Very little root overall to work with, and then one huge long one...


Much like the problem I had with the first bonchi I used this on, the perch is precarious even on the best spot, but this time I'm tying it down BEFORE we get started.


and a little more soil on top to cover those last exposed roots, and we should be good to go.  Will it work?  I have no idea.  This is a cool set piece, but I've had less than perfect results with it before due to it being hard to get a grip on, and this pepper has even less roots going into it than the first one did.  So, we'll see.  Worst case scenario is a complete failure and I compost the pepper with the other rejects.  No big loss, thats where it was heading anyway, at least this gives it a fair chance at getting to stick around..

No comments:

Post a Comment