Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Getting a Grip

Okay, the relative lack of roots going across the back of the skull has been bugging me.  The more we have back there, the better the grip the overall plant will have on the stone/skull, so while I was out tending I did some re-positioning of some medium sized roots (including that one in the front that was bugging me enough to consider pruning it).





Its not a huge change, but I'm hoping in the long run it will pay off.  I personally think the face is already looking better now that we got that big almost perfectly vertical root out of the way.  Just seems to flow better now to me.  Blech, I sound like a hippy.



The main project Reaper also has some fruit set.  I've been waiting for this just to be 100% sure that I actually do have a Reaper in here and that they didn't just send me a damned banana pepper or something like that by mistake.

Well, good news is that these do look like the pods on one of the other plants, so I'm fairly sure it is actually a Reaper.  The downside is that it looks like this plant is one with short tailed pods.  I was really, really hoping this plant would have really pronounced stingers (like the Zombie Reaper does), but it looks like that might not happen.

Bit premature to call it from just three pods so far, and even the Zombie Reaper has some short tailed pods.  Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll make longer tailed ones in the future, but as of right now I'm rather disappointedly scaling back my plans for how to display this.  I was wanting to have it keep nice red pods on it with their long stingers as part of the default aesthetic, but I don't know if I want to do that with short tailed pods.

No comments:

Post a Comment