Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Almost Halloween Season Hack 'n Slash


The project Reaper has been doing well.  Nice and green from a late feeding, even was trying to set some new pods.  Now its entirely too late in the season to be worrying about pods, and going into October the weather becomes much more unpredictable.  Its pretty warm now, but I've known it to snow in mid-October before with very little notice, so its time to start working on actual bonsai chops!


And bam, by the miracle of editing, the chop has been completed.  From here on out, the focus on it will be developing a canopy.




Because as you can see the roots are doing very well.  Even the moss is surviving nicely (and I'm digging how it makes the eyes and nose almost glowing green).  I'm not quite this use to this many things going right, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. ;)



I've also gone ahead and chopped the backup plant down pretty hard.  Made sure to spray the cut ends on both this and the project reaper with peroxide to help keep it from developing that lethal fuzzy white fungal infection, and I'm hoping that between that and the large intact root system on it right now will be enough to pull it through.  It ended up making for a fairly neat open center design, so I can definitely work with this.  I mean, if it dies, it'll be disappointing, but it won't be end of the world.  Project Reaper is good, the Zombie Reaper is good, this one would just be a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment