Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Gambled and Lost

Welp, it was no sure thing when I re-positioned those roots over the back of the skull that they would take, and they didn't.  Oh well, it was a gamble when I did it, and while it would have been nice had they held, we're not compromised by their loss.  So, since they weren't a concern anymore, bit more of a pulldown (but not too far, the one I put in the teeth is holding, and I don't want to mess that one up), and cleaned some other roots up while I was at it.




Interesting bit there in that last picture, lets take a closer look:


There appears to be a knot or a ball of roots there at the jawline, but I can't make out exactly what its doing.  The roots in it are fairly thick, so they'll at least be useful after the next pulldown, assuming they're not doing something completely freakishly weird.

I think we're done with the root pruning now though.  We've thinned it out enough that you can clearly see the skull underneath, while keeping plenty of nice ropey roots cascading around it to both hold it in place and accent the skull.  Any more now and I fear we'll start losing content instead of creating it.

---

On a different note, I finished powdering the first real batch of Reapers!


Amazing how a big pile of peppers dehydrates down to such a relatively little amount of powder, but there's more where that came from.  So, I invested millions in designing and manufacturing a custom container for my powder...


...that is in no way an empty Sodastream bottle with 2 minutes of drawing with a Sharpie on it.  Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment