Monday, August 10, 2015

The Pepper Gods Giveth, and They Taketh Away

Well, first the good news.  I've been letting the project reaper set pods to increase it's nutrient demands, and hence it's root growth.  Was inspecting it today, and found these pods.


It's pods do in fact have nice stingers, and those first couple were in fact duds when it came to shape.  That is very good news for me!



And before I get to the bad news, lets take a moment to appreciate how much is going right on the actual project.  The roots look great, the main trunk already looks like an old tree (complete with knot hole), and the branches are splayed out enough that when I start chopping them back I can make a nice three tiered canopy out of them.  Thats great.

The bad news?  The Buddah bonchi may be a gonner.


Couple days ago the leaves went yellow with green veins, that's usually a sign of a nutrient deficiency.  I had been leaving the pods on it as a test, so I cut off the pods and fed it.  Tried not to mix up anything too strong, but after a couple days of no result I was afraid that pretty container may have had a drainage problem, so I did an emergency repot into fresh soil.

Its not looking too good, but it does have some new growth trying to peek out.  I'm hoping it'll survive, but I've done everything I can for it right now, its up to the plant to pull through or give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment