Sunday, March 1, 2015

Potting Up


The new batch of Reaper sprouts are just starting to get their first true leaves, so time to transfer them over to starter pots.  One big thing I like about the seed trays I got this year is that they're somewhat flimsy.  While that would normally be a bad thing, for these it means it was very easy to cut the trays up and down and open them up like a book, which means I could just take the soil plug out and put it right into the waiting container without disturbing the seedling in the slightest.

The Halloween peppers are on the left and are doing nicely (the best ones have three or four sets of leaves now, with the best one being put over a mini-skull when I repotted).  Two of the Halloweens are looking kinda... "special", didn't waste a pot on those, they just got dixie cups.  If they straighten out later on, then they can have their own real pots.  On the right and in the back are my Cumari.  Have had no luck sprouting the ones I started in the large tray container, so I've got more over in the seed starters I used for the reapers.  Only been a few days, so not expecting anything there yet.

Also had one of my ventilation fans go out on me.  Going to have to order another one of those off ebay (sure as hell not payig $15 for another one at freaking Radio Shack when I can get the same thing off ebay for $3-5, there's a reason Radio Shack went bankrupt!).  But one fan is enough to keep the air moving in there, plus I've still got the space heater down below to keep the temperature up (combination of air current and higher temp will help keep the surface dry).

No comments:

Post a Comment