Thursday, January 22, 2015

Victory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk

And since I'm officially in a "I want to do stuff" mood, I decided to go ahead and do the pulldown on the Laughing Peter.



Dug about as far down again as I had the first time, trimmed off the plastic, and using a spray bottle full of water carefully removed the soil.  As you can see, there was a pleasant surprise in how several good sized roots have wrapped around Buddha's belly.  Always a good sign to have big fat roots this early, especially onces that are nicely hugging the "stone".

While I was at it, I also removed the wiring, as I saw at least one spot where it was just beginning to bite into the trunk.  So far I'm quite happy with how this one is turning out, and its great practice for the Reaper on the skull in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment