Monday, December 8, 2014

Bigger on the Inside... and the Outside...

Went to Home Depot to buy lumber for the grow box.  I overdid it a bit, but thats okay.  My grow box is now going to be a 2 door grow cabinet.  Got some 1x8's and had them cut into 4' lengths, along with some 2x2's and 1x2's for the support structures.  To make sure I'm clear how I want it all to go, I fired up my favorite 3D software and did a quick CAD to scale.


This is the design I'm going for, all to scale.  Instead of pegs, I'll make internal ledges and have the bottom be a removable shelf I can slide in and out to adjust the distance from the lights fixed at the top.  Lights will be in minimal fixtures that will bet set into drilled holes in the top and then plugged into a power strip with built in timer at the top.  12' pots included for additional size reference.

Right now I have one 9w LED grow light coming in, with a pair of CFLs I'll put on the sides.  I'll see how that works out, how bright it all is, etc.  If need be I can add Y adapters to those sockets and take the shelf down a notch and have 6 CFLs in there.  Or if that LED is just "Oh my God, I looked directly into the light, I'M BLIND!" bright, I can order more to have all 3 sockets use them.

Not currently pictured are the CPU fans because I don't have them yet.  I want to get the big ones and have one on each end of the case blowing in, but gotta see what I can get my hands on easily first.

No comments:

Post a Comment