Friday, December 5, 2014

Containment Status: 98%


And I think we're mostly done with the container, ladies and gentlemen.  Everything has dried and been sealed with a gloss enamel (including the moss), the facing has been decided on (ended up being obvious after I realized it had a facing that was more or less flat and attractive), and even the skull burial depth after realizing how much soil depth was available to work with.  This skull bonsai container is ready to rock!

I do have one final thing I want to do with it though.  There is a nice fairly flat overall area in the front at the bottom that would be perfect for a nameplate.  going to head over to the local plaque store and see how much it would cost me to get a nice looking brass nameplate with the name of the project and the type of pepper I'll be using to affix to the front.

In the mean time, enjoy this pencil sketch I found on the internet (no clue where it originated from) that shows the basic idea I'm going for.


No comments:

Post a Comment