Friday, December 19, 2014

Name... That... Pepper!

Okay, my nameplate has been finished and someone picked it up for me.  Apparently the engravers forgot to include my screws, but nothing a trip to Home Depot for some brass screws and a few minutes with a power drill to enlarge the holes in the plaque couldn't fix.


I should have expected trouble with this.  When I placed my order (in person), they asked what I wanted it to say.  "Carolina Reaper" I says.  "C-A-R-O-L-Y-N-A R-E-E-P-E-R?" Seriously, we're in eastern Tennessee, I can almost throw a rock and have it land in South Carolina.  And how can you not spell Reaper correctly?

Oh well, whats done is done, and I have my nameplate.


I originally wanted it to have the name of the project along with what kind of pepper it was, but seriously, these people couldn't figure out Carolina Reaper (they said "I thought it sounded like some kind of tree", so I guess they were at least somewhat close), so didn't want to have to try and explain "Living Death" to them.  Claimed they couldn't get it all on one tag anyway.  I don't know what kind of hardware they have for making these things, but you'd think putting a second line on this thing would have been an option, but oh well.

Drilled the screw holes into the base, added some epoxy glue, screwed the bolts in, got it up on a table letting everything set up.  And with that, the container for the project is 100% complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment